23 November 2018. Full time. Starting 7 Jan 2019
We're looking for a friendly, well-organised person to work at our front desk to receive customers and perform administrative duties.
As Offshoot Rental's first point of contact you'll be performing an important role and it's essential you are enthusiastic, upbeat and consistently maintain our high standard of service.
A background in photo and video is preferable, as you will need to be able to take an interest in customer projects and quickly build up a knowledge of our gear inventory so you can handle standard enquiries and check bookings.
There are two parts to this role:
1. Reception/Customer service
- Attending the front desk and welcoming everyone entering the store.
- Answering phone calls.
- Responding to emails.
- Serving customers for hire pickups and returns.
- Calling all new customers to go through account setup.
- Building a rapport with new and existing customers.
- Performing reference checks as required.
- Creating appointments.
- Booking couriers.
- Ensuring Offshoot Rental's booking/account policies are upheld.
- Maintaining the presentation and security of the storefront.
- Checking all bookings as they come through.
- Ensuring customer files are up to date.
- Checking outgoing bookings for accuracy.
- Following up on damage/missing items.
- Maintaining the Offshoot databases.
- Liaising with gear prep staff about daily bookings.
- Collecting payments when required.
- Gathering information from other staff and management to follow up outstanding issues.
- Adding payments to our accounting system.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Proven experience in customer service and admin roles.
- Highly organised with the ability to implement your own techniques to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise them according to the requirements of the day.
- A friendly and approachable manner with all customers and other staff.
- A good memory for names, faces and hire history.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a professional level of spelling and grammar.
- Energy to handle busy days and lots of enquiries.
- The ability to work effectively in a team, gathering and passing on key information.
- Maturity to handle a range of different situations appropriately and remain composed in busy situations.
Start date is 7 January 2019.
What You Can Expect Working At Offshoot Rentals
- Work with a small, friendly close-knit team who are all passionate about film & photography.
- Never a dull moment - most days are fast-paced!
- Doggy cuddles with Max, the office dog, a 44kg Akita.
- Your suggestions and ideas heard - regular meetings with management and multiple channels for daily communication within the workplace.
- Opportunities for promotion and greater responsibility.
How To Apply
Please send us your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
In your cover letter let us know:
- Why you think your skills would be a good match for this role.
- Why you'd like to work at Offshoot Rentals.
- Hobbies and interests outside of work.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org marking it for the attention of Grace.