The Canon C300 achieves a balance between image quality, ergonomics and practicality. It's a popular camera for documentary, corporate and broadcast work where that large sensor look is desired.
The low light performance of the C300 is renowned and a huge help when shooting documentary style work where creative lighting design isn't an option.
- Super 35mm size CMOS sensor (approx 8.29 effective megapixels).
- PL or Canon EF mount for use with a wide range of EF mount stills and cinema lenses.
- Canon XF codec (4:2:2, 50Mbps, 8-bit MPEG-2 Long GOP).
- Built-in mechanical ND filters - 2, 4 and 6 stops of light reduction.
- Full iris control of electronic iris EF lenses (e.g. Canon L series).
- Recording formats at 50Mbps: 1920 x 1080: 59.94i/29.97p/23.98p; 50i/25p; true 24p (24.00) 1280 x 720: 59.94p/29.97p/23.98p; 50p/25p; true 24p (24.00).
- 4" diagonal LCD screen, 16:9 aspect ratio with 100% coverage.
- Waveform, peaking and zebra displays.
- Records to readily available compact flash (CF) cards.
- ISO range of 320 to 20,000.
- Shutter modes: off, speed, angle, slow shutter and clear scan (for filming things like computer monitors).
- HD-SDI and HDMI video outs (8-bit 4:2:2).
- Timecode BNC (in/out) and genlock BNC connectors.
- Weighs 2.5kg with monitor, grip, BP-955 battery and two CF cards. Monitor can be removed for lighter configs.
Looking for an EVF for use with the Canon C300? Check out the Zacuto Gratical Eye EVF.
The following items are included when you hire the Canon C300:
- camera strap
- 4x Canon BP-955 lithium-ion battery
- Canon C300 monitor
- Canon CA-940 A/C power adapter
- 2x Canon CG-940 battery charger
- Canon side handle
- Canon top handle
- custom transport case
- 3x power cable
- Rubber eye cup
- 2x SanDisk 32GB Extreme Pro 90MB/s CF card
- USB 3.0 cable
- USB 3.0 card reader
See all of our preconfigured Canon C300 packages. We can also put together something to suit the requirements of your production - just ask us to quote on a kit.